Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Dozer's Run Book Signing

This past Saturday I participated in a book signing at the annual Maryland Half Marathon to kick off the release of Dozer's Run, a picture book that I illustrated for Sleeping Bear Press. The book is based on the true story of Dozer, a goldendoodle, who, in 2011, spontaneously joined the annual Maryland Half Marathon (the race is a fundraiser for the Greenebaum Cancer Center). Dozer finished the last seven or so miles, found his way home the next day, got a medal for his finish, and has raised a lot of money for the Cancer Center.

The weather cooperated, we had a great turnout, and I got to meet Dozer. I also enjoyed meeting Rosana Panza (Dozer's human) and the author, Debbie Levy.

Click here to see illustrations from the book. 

Click here for a link to buy the book.


Here I am with Dozer, Rosana Panza (Dozer's human),
and Debbie Levy (the author)

The start of the half marathon.

The signing tent. 
Dozer greeted people all day. He's a very friendly, calm dog.
I wish my dog were more like Dozer.

Dozer taking a break under the table.

No comments: